The Whole Dog Journal just published a handy article on stuff you should know about hiring a dog walker. Since anyone can call themselves a dog walker (just like anyone can call themselves a dog trainer), you gotta know how to pick a qualified person if you’re going to hire one. WDJ recommends asking smart questions, such as:
- If your company has multiple employees, who will actually be the person walking my dog?
- How many dogs do you walk at once? How do you choose which dogs walk with each other?
- What kind of training do you have to walk multiple dogs at a time?
- What happens when you can’t make it? What kind of experience do you have with dogs?
- Where will you go on your walks? Will you be taking my dog to the dog park?
These are all good. Please ask these questions. Since I’m a pro…
View original post 1,835 more words